Things that were accomplished over the long weekend:
- Connecting with friends and being present in the moments together
- Fun — lots of fun
- Consumed many delicious things… perhaps in more than enough quantities 😉
- Relived my late teens by waterskiing
- Spent three days realizing with every move that I’m not 20, but 37
Things that were not accomplished:
- Three new blog posts, ahem, any new blog posts
- Sending invitations for Little’s half birthday party
- Put clothes away
- Really this list could go on forever, but I will end it there
Here’s the thing about these lists… I’m okay with the undone. I overheard a co-worker on the phone today saying, “Sometimes you come back to work from the long weekend and feel more tired than you left.” I have been there… absolutely. Yesterday, in the office, I felt like I was right where I needed to be and was refreshed from the long weekend. I got exactly what I was hoping for and needed, because I pushed aside the crazy wish list and focused on the most important things.
Now remind me to do this over and over again!!!!